Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Mix, Mash and Muddle...


It has been several days since I shared my thoughts, and thought I should share some at least. It does no good to have a blog if I am unwilling to blog!

We had an opportunity last Sunday to attend a concert in North Vancouver. We dressed up, not quite to the nines but at least to a solid seven. Here's a picture as we are getting ready to head out (note the good looking young couple in the picture in the background!)


We arrived in North Van early enough to get a bite to eat. Anyone for Sushi? There's a little place on Lonsdale Avenue just a block down from the theater. Hey, we eat sushi. Here is Scooterchick, ain't she adorable?


One of the items we ordered was their version of a Dragon Roll. I was so busy eating it that I had to quickly remember to take a picture of the dragon's remains before we polished it off.


There was an excellent parking spot that was "theater adjacent". We snapped it up without delay, and sauntered towards the door.


This week we also had the opportunity to visit with friends we have not seen for a couple of years. They live out of town and were visiting their daughter and grandson. Meet Eric and Elaine. They own of all things, a record store. It is wildly popular. I have known Eric since 1981 and Elaine since about 1984.


I had to snap a picture of the appetizer, Portobello Mushrooms with a Crab and Cheese filling, with Mesculun Greens, Red Onion and a sweet Balsamic Drizzle...


Later on this week I made a trip into the city to attend to some work. The clouds were low and the sun trying to break through. I wanted to snap this picture because of the texture of the light. I'm not even sure that's the right description but it seems to fit. It feels rich. I didn't even get out of the car, but shot this through the sunroof.


I stopped to see a customer in Deep Cove, which is a delightful little neighborhood of  North Vancouver. I was happy to see the last glimpses f fall in a Maple Tree. I am glad I caught it before the leaves fell.


It makes me happy. The vibrant colors make me feel "all tingly inside". This is what "all tingly inside" looks like.


I was reading a blog of a friend of ours and found out the crackdown is on. To find out more check here. BobSkoot's Blog While it is absolutely impossible to legislate common sense, and jurisdictions since the Roman Empire have tried, the latest effort by the Queen's Cowboys (RCMP) to swell their coffers rankle me!!

That being said, $35 worth of prevention beats an $85 ticket for being unprepared. I will probably never use these tire chains, as when the going gets thick I go back.
I am willing to wait for the plow truck and follow him rather than hit the ditch,


Well, I believe that brings us up to date. Life goes on.........see you a little further down the road.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So that's what 'tingly' looks like...haha. Yes that tree does delight the senses :)

Tripping Sister! said...

Very beautiful shot of the trees, Christo....:-),